Now, I had the most AMAZING time preparing this meal with my kids. It makes dinner much more fun and interesting when the family participates! These fish hoagies takes NO time to make and it’s so delicious! Your family is going to adore you for this!!
Serves 5-6 people
- Small hoagie rolls – (1 bag)
- Fresh tilapia/ swai fish – (1 small bag); drained
- Hellman’s mayonnaise – (1.5 cups)
- Old bay seasoning – (3 TBSP)
- Garlic & herb seasoning – (3TBSP)
- Seafood remoulade sauce – (3 Tbsp) * Preferably from Aldi’s*
- Iceberg lettuce – (1/2 head); rinsed and picked apart
- Seasoned fish fry – (2 cups); placed in a plastic bag/ ziplock bag
- Frying oil *Deep fryer is suggested*
- Assorted fruit (grapes & strawberries) – (handful)
- Preheat the deep fryer; lightly season your desired fish with both old bay and garlic & herb seasonings. Set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise and seafood remoulade sauce into a small bowl; set aside.
- When oil is ready, dredge the fish in seasoned fish fry; shake off excess batter. Fry fish for 5-6 minutes. Drain excess oil onto paper towel.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture onto hoagie rolls. Layer with letuce.
- Add fried fish and Enjoy!